This is the third in our series of "Fast Five" interviews with your favorite paddling friends and pros. Annabel was one of two people who inspired this series, because she was eating something I'd never heard of (coconut manna) while visiting us for the Carolina Cup.
Fast Five Questions: Annabel Anderson
1) Favorite "Paddle energy" foods? Depends how ravenous I am. Nothing is safe if I've been running around all day. I try to have 'emergency food' with me at all times. Fruit, trail mix, nut butters, water etc. I don't like to paddle on a full stomach but if you don't have fuel in the tank, you're not going to go too far. Good natural clean foods are hard to beat, but it's always a challenge when you're on the road.
2) Favorite paddle activity? My favorite thing to do is to do whatever the weather and location are telling me to do. Variety is the spice of life and its much easier to work in harmony with Mother Nature.
3) Favorite non-paddling cross-training activity? SUP is just one of many things I love to do. But any chance to run, ride bikes, ride horses, sail, play on boats, I'll be there.. With bells on.
4) Favorite place to paddle? To name one favorite place to paddle is way too hard to narrow down. Anywhere and anytime on the water is better than not being on the water. It's hard to go past New Zealand, but each place is special in its own way.
5) If you could tell paddlers just one thing, it would be . . . It's not about competition, it's about playing the game of life. How you play it is up to you.
Follow the fun with Annabel here. (She's always off to a new adventure!)
(Featured photo by OnIt Pro)
Training Tips, Snack info, and more from your favorite Pros and Paddling Friends