What I like:
- The 4-way stretch means you can knee-paddle, do high-kicks if you are a Rockette, or if you buy them too small, can bend over to pick up your board without splitting a seam.
- They are true to size. I am what I am. They are what they are. It's not like that friends who's always 20 minutes late and you have to do the math and tell them to meet you at 11:40 when you want to meet at 12. Same thing, only completely different.
- You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Pick your trim color (orange, green, or light gray) and you're golden.
- They aren't too long. Some days, I wish shorts were shorter instead of seeing someone's ass crack. I'd take the shades up instead of the drawers down.
- The price. $65. Do I need to talk more about how this is inexpensive? I would have expected to spend more toward $80 for these. Value.
- They are great for beach runs after. They don't bind or wear the skin off your thighs. They don't require a stick of Glide to work.
What I don't like:
- I can't find anything I don't like
What they are not:
- Cargo shorts. You can't carry the equivalent of a Batman utility belt in your QB shorts. They have a single welded zipper pocket that holds a key and is big enough for an iPhone or a waterproof ipod, music player thing.
- Tents. They will not protect you from thunderstorms or hail.
- An advertisement for a local plumber. People will not look at you from behind and say, "That reminds me. I need to call my plumber." Unless you get a size or two big, in which case, good on ya.
- Buy 2 pairs. Not 1, 2.
Stretchy, light, quick dry, inexpensive, perfect for paddling, surfing, prone