Mike Pilgrim with Surftech Product Development walks us through some highlights of the Surftech Bark Line for 2016. Specifically, we walk through the Bark Contender Light, Bark Commander Light, and the Bark Vapor.
Bark Contender Light Race SUP Specs:
Finally a Contender smaller paddlers can call their very own.
- 12’6″ x 25″ x 6″
- 200 liters
- Smaller version of the Bark Contender, 1/4″ thinner and narrower with less volume
- Great for paddlers under 160 lbs
Bark Commander Light Prone
A smaller Commander for lighter paddlers. Kids will also love this. Catch the bug.
- Comes in stock, 12′ version
- Less volume, width and thickness
- Great for paddlers under 150 lbs
Surftech vapor looks great, like the dominator and the downwinders had an angry fast baby.
- 12’6″ and 14′ versions
- Front half designed after the CT prone line, the back half after the Bark D2 Race Board
- Great in mixed up conditions, bumps
- Mixed reactions because of the rounded nose. Visually it is different as water isn’t displaced. As with any board or shape, put a Speed Coach or GPS on it to see it’s speed compared to what you’re used to. It might just blow your mind.
For more information on Surftech:
Surftech Website: http://www.surftech.com/#sup
Surftech on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SurftechUSA
Surftech on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Surftech-USA/1551031391780787
Surftech Instagram: https://instagram.com/surftechusa
Surftech on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SurftechUSA
Press Release on Surftech Explore Line: http://www.surftech.com/news/surftech-unveils-its-new-%E2%80%9Cexplore%E2%80%9D-collection-sups-and-paddleboards-2016