Paddle Monster Zoom Series
Welcome to the Chattajack Zoom series, a four-part Zoom experience in which the Paddle Monster Coaches and special guests hold a discussion on important, Chattjack prep topics.
If you want to truly be prepared, include these Zoom sessions as part of your race preparation and understanding. These sessions will cover everything from an intro to this iconic race to things that will help paddlers understand the course. Led by Coach Cain, the series will occur on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 PM ET. The schedule includes:
– September 22, 7:30 PM ET – Part 1 – How to Train to Successfully Race 31 Miles ~
– September 29, 7:30 PM ET – Part 2 – Drafting – Making use of Those Around You
– October 6, 7:30 PM ET – Part 3 – Fueling your Performance – Nutrition and Hydration Tips
– October 13, 7:30 PM ET – Part 4 – Knowing the Course – Pre-race and In-race tips
These Zoom sessions are free for Paddle Monster Training/Coaching members with a Basic membership or above. Not a Paddle Monster Coaching member and you’d like to be? If so, join here! Otherwise, register for the Chattajack Zoom series for $10 here.
Part 1 – How to Train to Successfully Race 31 Miles
An interactive discussion on the appropriate training for Chattajack including:
- The type of training you should be doing – is it too late to start training? How to make the most of the time left.
- How much training is enough?
- Land-based work vs. on-water work
- Long paddles – how long and how often?
- Do I need to do speed work?
- Periodizing your work
- Do I need to include strength work in my training?
- Finding the right “gear” to paddle in (think gears on a bike)
- Changing gears – why and how often?
- Developing a “resting technique” that you can use in the race
Part 2 – Drafting – Making use of Those Around You
An interactive discussion on drafting at Chattajack including:
- Why should you draft?
- How to draft
- Tail wash
- Side wash
- Tactics and Strategy
- Draft train tips
- Hooking up to draft with complete strangers and draft train etiquette
Part 3 – Fueling your Performance
An interactive discussion on pre- and in-race nutrition and hydration including:
- How much fuel do you need
- Water vs. mix
- Developing your plan, including the products you’ll use
- Tips specific to Chattajack
Part 4 – Knowing the Course – Pre-race and In-race tips
An interactive discussion on the venue, the race, and the Gorge, including:
- Downtown Chattajack and the venue
- Hales Bar
- Registration and logistics
- The start
- The racecourse
- Tips and suggestions